"The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4).
Have a prayer request? Just email us and we'll pray.
WE BELIEVE THAT PRAYER SHOULD BE A VITAL PART OF OUR LIVES AS CHRISTIANS AND IN OUR LIVES TOGETHER AS A FAMILY OF DISCIPLES. WE HAVE SEVERAL OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW IN PRAYER.
Here is some more info about Prayer at New City
- Check out our series on the Lord's Prayer. In this series, we took each phase of the prayer that Jesus taught his disciples to pray, and we sought to learn to pray this way. (You will find this series on our sermons page under "Seeking the Face of God."
- Prayer every Sunday before the service from 10-10:15. This is a time of focused prayer for the service, for the city, & for specific needs of New City Church. We meet in the board room. Why not join us?
- Concerts of Prayer: We aim to set aside one Sunday evening every quarter to gather together for a "concert of prayer" in which we learn to pray for each other and in small groups. Often, we will sing a hymn or psalm too. These are opportunities learning and growing in prayer through leader guided prayer.
- New City Church's Prayer Book. Join us in reading & praying the Scriptures through this useful book, Seeking God's Face: Praying with the Bible through the Year. Order online (click here) or pick up a copy at New City Church.
- Seasons of Prayer are periods where we focus upon either certain seasons or themes prayer, such as such as training for prayer, praying for the Muslim world, prayer for the persecuted church, or Seeking God for the City.
Check out these resources...